1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Push Button Start...Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM
XxneonfreakxX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push Button Start...Help Needed

Hey guys Im new to this forum but have gotten a lot of help from it in the past so just kinda learning the ropes. I have a 96 dodge neon. I'm installing a push button start and have a couple questions. As of right now i have the button connected to the starter solenoid and the battery and the key needs to be in the on position for it to start. But really the point of a push button start is that ya dont need the key to start the car. How do i go around that so i no longer need the key? I believe i need a couple toggle switches but what do i connect them to? Any replys would be very helpful. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand, the key has to be in the ignition to have the car ready to start.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
XxneonfreakxX

Yeah from what it looks like the key needs to be in to unlock the steering wheel but there should be a way to unlock the steering wheel permanantly perhaps?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Jacob Boyd Bauer

Its fairly easy to do (atleast race car style). put your accessory and run positions on toggle switches. If you want extra switches (to confuse people because you dont have a key, make it look cooler...) then separate systems like ecu and fuel pump from the "run" position, and give them there own switches. so it would be this (for example) http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/553/0...021553_232.jpg

Last edited by Jacob Boyd Bauer; 08-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
OhFive_Daytona
Rookie

Take out the steering lock and the ignition itself. Fill the gaping hole with a plug. This way your key would be useless if your steering is unlocked, and you have the push button wired to the same place the ignition was wired to. Just a thought, would be cool if it worked out the same as it does in theory.

Quick Reply: Push Button Start...Help Needed