1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

DTC P0172= Fuel rich problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:49 AM
mishkin_b
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC P0172= Fuel rich problems

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. I have a 97 Plymouth neon that has just gotten its head resurfaced, head gasket changed, a bunch of sensors changed (including O2 after exhaust manifold, Cam, and Oil) and the computer. But when I got it back it couldn't accelerate wortha ****. A Moped can beat my car. I took it down to Autozone and found out that I had the P0172 DTC. I have read and read about what would cause this code and I haven't found a solution yet, because everything has already been replaced. So if anyone would know why its still creating a rich fuel mixture or even any hints! I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-21-2004, 03:48 PM
yuniormac
Default RE: DTC P0172= Fuel rich problems

I have a 95 neon sport and since my computer gone crazy and got injectors trouble, now we are sending energy to fuel injectors directly. Ask a serviceman about make this change, i have my car racing a lot with this change, only one thing you should know if do this, don't accelerate when starting, tun key directly to top quickly and keep chain there to till engine start (this because injectors directly, could overload of fuel when you left lose time in ignition proccess). Get more information about to do this change safely.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:31 PM
mishkin_b
Default DTC P0172= Fuel rich problems *update*

Yes the dreaded problem has finally been fixed. And the problem was.......*drum roll* the timing was off one tooth ....thats it. So after replacing oodles of sensors, timing was just off which made it run sluggish and dumb. So if anyone has this problem hope this helps you out.

Quick Reply: DTC P0172= Fuel rich problems