1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Motor mount bolts on a 99 sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Yata69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount bolts on a 99 sport

I bought a 99 Neon Sport that needs slots of little things.
The mounts are trashed and i think that the bolts used are not the correct bolts. Should i check the tranny mount just to be sure?
The engine basically almost fell out!! lol

I was wondering what bolts, ratings and sizes i need for the front ad pass side that attach the mount to the engine. The pass side bolt is sheared and the front bolt was about 6-7 inches long, stuck out about 3 inches past mounts.
The rating on the bolts there are 10.9 harness, is that right?
Ive searched on the net and found nothing at all about the bolts and dont want to put the wrong rated bolts in it.
Im going to the junk yard tomorrow, but if anyone knows the info or a site link would be great to have.
Im mostly concerned because ive already found rigged wiring and cross threaded bolts and parts flat out missing even tough it basicly runs.

Another question, if both the pass and front mounts totaly fail could that pinch a wire harness and cause a no spark/fuel situation? It all happened at the same time, so not sure about that one of if its just a fluke.
I replaced the crank sensor and have the cam sensor but waiting till i get mounts to install the cam sensor so i can turn it over and not have the engine walk around.

Partial help or full answers would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure about the bolt size but I do have a brand new front motor mount bracket and a used front motor mount for sale if you are interested.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Yata69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thx, but

I already bought stock mounts. I got the bolts at the junk yard to use as comparisons and bought new ones at a specialty hardware shop. I guess the broken bolt was right, the other one was 4in to long, stuck way out past the motor mount.

Quick Reply: Motor mount bolts on a 99 sport