1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Monroe Quick-Struts for Plymouth Neon - Compatible with Breeze?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
kfharlock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monroe Quick-Struts for Plymouth Neon - Compatible with Breeze?

Hi all,

Just a quick question to ask, and hopefully you folks can offer me some reassurance here.

I've got a 1999 Plymouth Breeze (2.4L), and I've been told on multiple occasions that this is essentially the same car, parts-wise, as the Plymouth Neon and Dodge Neon.

I'm going to be replacing the struts on all four wheels in the next couple of weeks, and my plan was to go with the Monroe Quick-Strut option since I can avoid the hassle of compressing the springs that way.

I've got no issues with the rear struts, Monroe sells 171311, which is confirmed to fit on the 99 Plymouth Breeze, no problem.

However, there is no front Quick-Strut assembly listed as being explicitly compatible with the Breeze. There is, however, Quick-Strut part number 171959 which is listed as being compatible with the 99 Plymouth Neon! Am I correct that this would be compatible with the 99 Breeze as well?

If not, can anyone offer any advice? I'd love to be able to replace my front struts as well, without having to compress the springs, so hopefully this part will do it.

Thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: Monroe Quick-Struts for Plymouth Neon - Compatible with Breeze?