1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

bent engine mount or bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:03 PM
yokotaashi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bent engine mount or bracket?

So I jacked up my engine to change the head (96 SOHC) and after started hearing a short squeak when dropping into gear or occasionally when accelerating. After inspecting the lower engine mount I saw that it was almost completely eaten through. I jacked the engine slightly to take it off and noticed the metal on the ring was actually in contact with the bracket. I took it off to find that indeed there was a two inch scar on the bracket from the rubbing. I took the frame bracket off that holds the mount bolt as it looked bent slightly. I got pics of the process in my Facebook you can follow the link below, please help me decide what to do as my car is stuck on the jack stands until I replace it and I don't want the problem to r reoccur

Old 03-15-2012, 07:08 PM
yokotaashi
Amateur

http://m.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?...user=664536558

Photos of before and after. I'm not street what its supposed to look like but something looks bent because if I just replaced the bushing I don't think it would go in straight...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
yokotaashi
Amateur

Well...no one can help me so I just Jerry rugged it like usual. Got a mount from AutoZone but the big iron shoe thing that holds it into the frame didn't fit into it (or any of the others they had in stock) due to a cross support being welded on too far back. So...I found a decent one in the junk yard and put it on. Turns out the bracket was bent in on y the right side so I unbent it with some linemans pliers so it wouldn't rub and screwed it in. Seems to work just fine!

Quick Reply: bent engine mount or bracket?