1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

air intake temp sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
95neon1025
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake temp sensor?

would a bad map sensor cause my car to have no spark? ok i know there are a few posts about it but i replaced my head gasket and lost spark. i did my crank sensor, ecu, new wiring harness, coil, wires, and plugs. and i still have no fire. it turns just fine but wont start. i know i have fuel because i broke my fuel line going to my fuel rail and it shot out. i had the error code for asd relay bad but it went away now i have the error code 23 from the key dance. please help i cant affor to drive my big farm truck around anymore

Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PCM supplies 5 volts to the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor function converts intake manifold pressure into voltage. The PCM monitors the MAP sensor output voltage. As vacuum increases, MAP sensor voltage decreases proportionately. Also, as vacuum decreases, MAP sensor voltage increases proportionately.
During cranking, before the engine starts running, the PCM determines atmospheric air pressure from the MAP sensor voltage. While the engine operates, the PCM determines intake manifold pressure from the MAP sensor voltage. Based on MAP sensor voltage and inputs from other sensors, the PCM adjusts spark advance and the air/fuel mixture. The MAP/IAT sensor mounts to the intake manifold.

Quick Reply: air intake temp sensor?