1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:09 PM
jakehale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Question

Do any experts in here know if the car (shell) is wired for all options from the main wire harness? Say I'd like to add OEM power locks, mirrors, or windows. would all I'd have to do is get the door harness and plug it into the main harness (along with all the motors and power assy).
I have just the car, no electrical options, and if i could find these parts at a local yard it would be cool. My only concern is the main harness and the connections coming off that..

thanks folks

Old 08-27-2005, 04:24 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Electrical Question

The '95s and some of the '96s were only wired for the options they came with. After that, a universal harness set was used. However, "universal" may be a bit of a misnomer... There are 3 basic models - Base (Lowline), Highline, and Sport. If there were options that weren't available for that model, the harness shouldn't have connections for it. Best example would be fog lights on a base model. Easiest thing to do is just pop that door panel off and look for the connectors.

Best of luck!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
jakehale

Thanks for the information.........

Old 09-01-2005, 01:06 AM
jakehale

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

The '95s and some of the '96s were only wired for the options they came with. After that, a universal harness set was used. However, "universal" may be a bit of a misnomer... There are 3 basic models - Base (Lowline), Highline, and Sport. If there were options that weren't available for that model, the harness shouldn't have connections for it. Best example would be fog lights on a base model. Easiest thing to do is just pop that door panel off and look for the connectors.

Best of luck!
Recently came across my VIN decode and I now know that my car is HighLine.... but I dont see a harness breakdown.
I am thinking that if I dont have the power options in the door already they would not have installed that harnss because the door harness is basically a plug into the main harness thing, that is if the main harness has the door harness connections.. That sounded more confussing than it really is.
If the highline version has the "larger" main harness, then for me to add my door power options i would "basically" just have to get a door harness and all the do-dads that make everything automatic...............???????

I am basing my little experience of this with my knowledge of a older model Nissan,,,, I know I shouldnt mix apples and organes but on the nissan,,, you have either a Large harness (all the connections) or a small harness that is set up just for basic operations. So I know if I added power options to that car, it would be a Main harness swap to the larger one.. So i am just trying to relate that to my daughters Neon...

thanks again

Quick Reply: Electrical Question