1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

megasquirt

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
bostwickneonguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megasquirt

if any has used one of these controllers please let me know how it worked out and what all I need to actually use it and tune it and how you liked it thanx

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I had one. It was okay. I think they have a more "plug and play" MS for the 420a. But I had a little older version. It worked, but I didn't care much for it. I got the harness and sensors all installed in extra parts I had for the car, then installed it all. I gave up on trying to tune it because this was back in my novice days. They do offer basemap tunes you can upload and tweek from there, they were on some community site. I had a friend tune it, but even after the tune I didn't care much for it. I recommend the AEM FIC. Its a piggyback that uses the stock computer, stock tune, and lets you adjust the fuel and spark from there. So you can hook it up, and go drive like you never did anything.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
bostwickneonguy

Originally Posted by I_Ride_Neon
I had one. It was okay. I think they have a more "plug and play" MS for the 420a. But I had a little older version. It worked, but I didn't care much for it. I got the harness and sensors all installed in extra parts I had for the car, then installed it all. I gave up on trying to tune it because this was back in my novice days. They do offer basemap tunes you can upload and tweek from there, they were on some community site. I had a friend tune it, but even after the tune I didn't care much for it. I recommend the AEM FIC. Its a piggyback that uses the stock computer, stock tune, and lets you adjust the fuel and spark from there. So you can hook it up, and go drive like you never did anything.
could I use that piggyback with a mopar pcm or would that defeat the purpose?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bostwickneonguy
could I use that piggyback with a mopar pcm or would that defeat the purpose?

That I am not sure on, but I don't see why you couldn't. But if you were going to tune it, it would defeat the purpose. You should be able to lift your rev limiter and speed limiter with the aem fic. If someone was seriously interested in the AEM FIC I could ask my buddy who is running it to register and chime in.

Quick Reply: megasquirt