1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Crazy Radio.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
moparsrule60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Radio.

Okay just went out and took out the radio so I could access the back. Still have the wiring connected, but cut the pink wire about 6 inches away from the back. Then took a wire and connected it to the part of the pink wire to the radio and put the other end into the 10 amp radio fuse on the fusebox. Guess what now the radio works. Just wondering if it would be okay to hook it up this way or would it cause problems like draining the battery it still only works when the key is turned on only. Plus should I hook it up to the top or bottom hole for the fuse. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by moparsrule60
Okay just went out and took out the radio so I could access the back. Still have the wiring connected, but cut the pink wire about 6 inches away from the back. Then took a wire and connected it to the part of the pink wire to the radio and put the other end into the 10 amp radio fuse on the fusebox. Guess what now the radio works. Just wondering if it would be okay to hook it up this way or would it cause problems like draining the battery it still only works when the key is turned on only. Plus should I hook it up to the top or bottom hole for the fuse. Sorry if this sounds confusing.
Didn't I already go over this with you or was that someone else? Hook the wire back up where it is suppose to go. Go outside under the hood of the car and check fuse 13 (10amp), check it for power on both sides. This fuse should be hot even with the key off. This fuse runs the memory on the cd player, which is the pink wire. You can do it the way you did it, but why not just change the fuse or find the short and do it right, then your radio will save your stations and clock time...

Nope that wasn't you but here is a little more info: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-n...t-turn-on.html

Last edited by I_Ride_Neon; 09-29-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 AM
moparsrule60
Default checked all fuses.

I checked all fuses for the radio.Plus all fuses are fine. Still no power if hook back pink wire like it should be. Can only get power if pull out 10 amp fuse, put a wire in fuse spot replace fuse and hook this wire to part of pink wire I cut in two. Using the part cut from back of radio. Should I reconnect pink wire like it should be . Then cut the black wire and try the same thing as before and see if I get power. Just can't seem to find any bad wires or bad connections . Plus the domelight or backup lights aren't working either.

Last edited by moparsrule60; 09-30-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by moparsrule60
I checked all fuses for the radio.Plus all fuses are fine. Still no power if hook back pink wire like it should be. Can only get power if pull out 10 amp fuse, put a wire in fuse spot replace fuse and hook this wire to part of pink wire I cut in two. Using the part cut from back of radio. Should I reconnect pink wire like it should be . Then cut the black wire and try the same thing as before and see if I get power. Just can't seem to find any bad wires or bad connections . Plus the domelight or backup lights aren't working either.
Okay so you checked the fuse, and made sure it had power like I asked? Everything you mention not working runs off the same fuse under the hood. Please check the fuse, check it for power then check back. Don't cut any wires, dont cross any wires, don't do anything like that. Just check the fuse, check it for power.

Quick Reply: Crazy Radio.