1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Check Engine Codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 AM
acfortier
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Codes

Just did the head gasket on my 95, and now just trying to get that silly check engine light off. Now, here are the codes:

CODE 12 Problem with battery connection.Direct battery input to pcm disconnected within the last 50 ignition key-on cycles.
CODE 43** Multiple cylinder misfire detected.Peak primary circuit current not achieved with the maximum dwell time.
CODE 22** Coolant sensor voltage to high or to low.Test coolant temp sensor.
CODE 25** Idle air control (IAC) valve circuits.A shorted condition is detected in one or more of the IAC valve circuits.Or a vacuum leak has been detected.

Now, code 12 makes sense. I am thinking code 43 was left over from before the head gasket, as the car sounds real smooth now. When I first started the car after the head gasket, both the coolant temp sensor and IAC were unplugged -- these are now plugged in. Would the code be thrown if they were unplugged?

How do you reset these codes?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Unhook both battery cables, and touch them together. Or unhook the battery for 30 minutes. That will reset the ecu. Then you can start over with a clean list so you know whats going on.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Trialmaster
Professional

Cool

Quick Reply: Check Engine Codes