1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Brake squeels..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:16 AM
bcuzau
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake squeels..

often the first time i press the brake if it sat over night the brakes squeel.. then after the first time it doesn't anymore until i park it over night again..

I was told by some other Neon drivers it the brake pad that is making the noise.. how are the pads different from others..

I have to change the shoes and drum this weekend.. any suggestions? anyone have any probs with Monroe

Nam

Old 09-02-2005, 04:17 AM
pimpberetta
Veteran
Default RE: Brake squeels..

Id suggest that you take the pads off and hit em with some like....800-1000 grit sandpaper, just to make sure to get any glaze off the pads.

I know mine squealed like mad after I got my brakes fix not to long ago, they wouldnt let go of the rotor, so they got really glazed from the the heat. So I just sanded them a bit and now its all good.

Good luck!

sean

Old 09-06-2005, 10:02 PM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Brake squeels..

Make sure all slide pins move easily and lubed with proper caliper grease. Syl-Glyde is my favorite. You can also use sythetic caliper grease. We normally use a little rougher sandpaper to deglaze with such as 180-220 grit and wash off with water. For pads on calipers lube the contact points and even the shims and caliper contact points. In the rear you need to clean and lube the shoe conact points the same way. Deglase pads and drums and rotors. Proper machining is best.

Best of luck

Quick Reply: Brake squeels..