1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

96 dodge neon running problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Nmihelic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 dodge neon running problems

Hi, I'm new so if I mess up sorry. My 96 dodge neon started giving me problems 2 months ago. Was driving and it began to act like it was out of gas. It died. It sat for 2 hrs, I put 3 gallons of gas in it and she ran. Now mind you she had a half a tank when she died. She ran fine for the next two months and did it again. We changed the fuel filter, plugs, and wires. The car will start run for about five mins and die. Any suggestions on where I should look next to find the problem?

Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 AM
96dohcsportcoupe
Amateur

it throwing any codes?

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Nmihelic
Unhappy

No, I tried to do the key flip thing and nothing. No codes kick back. Now today I started it and she ran but died after a half a block. Someone said that it could b the fuel pump. Since they are putting more ethanol in gas, when I put dry gas in two months ago may be clogging up the pump and causing it to run slower

Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

Most likely you have a cam sensor and/or crank sensor problem. They can sometimes go bad and not leave an error code.

If not those two, then check the wires and connectors to them as well as the wires to the O2 sensors. Any short in those wires will kill your fuel and ASR relays, and then be ok once they reset - as long as whatever caused the short is not still causing it.

Quick Reply: 96 dodge neon running problems