1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Aftermarket stero wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
gramo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket stero wiring problem

I bought an aftermarket radio for my 96 neon SOHC. The origional radio was riped out and I had to hardwire the stero in. It plays and all functions work, my problem is every time I turn the car off I have to reprogram all the settings on the stero. I can't figure out which wire will keep the stero's setting permanent. I have the color codes for both the radio and the neon but can't figure it out. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Old 05-27-2013, 12:44 PM
xarkhun
Rookie

i know that for most after market stereos the yellow wire is the constant 12v and needs to be connected to a non switched 12v source. so according to a quick net search is the pink wire but what you should have done is bought the harnesses for the car side and the radio side and made it all plug and play in case you wanted to change the stereo later it makes it so much easier

Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 PM
gramo
Amateur

Fixed the problem. Had to run a wire from battery to the yellow battery wire on the new headunit, and run the red contant wire to the yellow wire on the neon. Only way it would work.. Used a fusable link so not to burn the unit, but everything runs fine now. Memeory working.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stero wiring problem