1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

2.4 swap walkthru?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
n00b2ner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 swap walkthru?

does anybody have a walktru on the 2.4 swap? oh, and whats the best cat back system to use with a supercharger?

Old 09-28-2005, 03:48 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2.4 swap walkthru?

head over to www.neons.org and look through the Engine Swap forum and the Archived Posts. There is a ton of information there on the swap. Be sure to read all the stickies and archived stuff first, and if you have any questions, use the search button BEFORE making a post. The guys can be pretty vicious... they're the ones who did the first swaps without any spoonfeeding, have answered the same questions 100 times, and wrote the how-to's and information posts in hopes of not repeating themselves...

Nobody makes a supercharger for the Neon. And the supercharger for the PT Cruiser won't fit on the 2.4L when it's in the Neon. Turbocharging makes much more sense all around - ease of installation, performance, etc. Particularly since there are bolt-on kits out there.

Best of luck!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:44 PM
n00b2ner

cool, ill check it out. i never knew the supercharger wouldnt work. that bites. WELL, just opens up more options. about the turbocharger, is it the hahn racecraft for the neon, or is it a PT kit? ok, enough stupid questions. thanks for the help on the supercharger question though.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Swifty

the 2.4 swap is a realtivly simple swap.....like it was said spend some time on the .org...full in depth details

IMO the 2.4 swap with out a turbo or other goodies is pointless...

Old 09-30-2005, 04:46 PM
n00b2ner

RADARLOVE!!! an idea just struck me. i need know why the supercharger for the pt wont fit on the neon swap. if its purely a clearance thing, then i have an idea; hood scoop. a well installed scoop can do more than just add looks and airflow, it can also add a couple of needed inches of engine clearance, and im pretty sure you all knew that. stylistically, it can work, but other than that, it would be completely useless if it didnt solve the supercharger problem. that is, if the problem is purely from clearance. anyways, if im wrong, and my ideas are completely idiotic, dont hold back when cutting me down to size. well, you have my theory. now its up to the veterans.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

you can always give it a shot, but for the money you'll spend on a supercharger, you'll always be outpowered by a lower priced turbo setup.

It may not just be hood clearance. I've never taken a good look at the setup. If you can find some pictures, see if there is extra clearance needed on the sides and front (radiatot clearance) of the engine as well.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:23 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

its prolly a bracket issue but Im sure you can have some custom made.......

Quick Reply: 2.4 swap walkthru?