1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

neon motors???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:24 PM
dj_dark_yuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neon motors???????

yeah i was wondering.... what all motors would fit in my 95 neon highline.... it was just a random question.... my friend owns a car lot wit wrecked cars in it... and hes got alot of dodge cars older and sum newer models in it.... so if i do need to replace my motor i know which ones i could use.... thanks

Old 10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: neon motors???????

Any '95-02 Neon SOHC motor (including the Magnum) should swap over just fine. Even a '95-99 DOHC isn't much work, just some changes to the wiring harness and a PCM. The 2.4L (Dodge, not Mitsubishi) from the Caravan/Stratus swaps in fairly easily. I've even seen a pre-Neon 2.2L/2.5L swapped in. Plus there's the raft of guys swapping in the SRT-4 motor now. Avoid the 2003-up Neon motors because the crankshaft signal is different and you won't get it to run without a lot of work (just like the SRT-4...). That's about it for "easy" swaps. but with enough time, money, and a good welder, just about anything's possible...

Best of luck!

Old 10-20-2005, 12:55 AM
dj_dark_yuy
Default RE: neon motors???????

thanx.... now all i gotta do is look for a motor.... im a v8 junkie.... i had a 91 camaro wit a 383 S.B. engine in it.... built it from scratch... then gas prices shot thru the roof and couldnt afford to drive it ne more... so i sold it...... and bought the neon.. and started another project car.... my hobbies.. gotta love em'... well thanx neways

Quick Reply: neon motors???????