1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
1998neonrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal problem

I have a 98 Neon R/t with a turn signal problem. The left turn signal indicator on the dash blinks about 5 times faster than normal. The front turn signal and side marker also flash at this pace. The left rear turn signal does not flash. The left brake light also does not light. All right side lights work as normal. I tried replacing the bulb with no luck.

Does anyone have any thoughts one what to check next?

Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:14 PM
pimped_neon_RT
Rookie
Default RE: Turn signal problem

You know what? i had this same **** it would do it like 10 times in a row then it woodnt do it a few times then over and over! One of my friends said cause i have some aftermarket bulbs in the back? So i changed it and shes good now! So, im not to sure what the deal with that is?

Good Luck

Old 10-31-2005, 12:13 AM
casper
Legend

Check all your bulbsand make sure you have power to the sockets. It could be a bad flasher also. Do your hazards work?

Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Bulb, wiring or socket... In my case it was the front turn signal sockets - the plastic cracked, water got in and eventually corroded everything away.

Parts stores should have replacement sockets, although you may have to hit up a dealer. But spend the $15 on a cheap digital multimeter and check out the wiring first.

Best of luck!

Old 10-31-2005, 11:57 AM
1998neonrt

Hey guys thanks for the fast response and suggestions. I finally changed out all the bulbs front and back and it appears to have fixed the problem. The problem is that I am not sure which bulb was apparently causing the problem. I am assuming that one of the front ones even though it was flashing was drawing to much or not enough current.

Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
coey_78

I am having the same prob lr not working. I've changed the bulb and it didn't help. When I wiggle the grnd wire going into the "bulb holder" it comes on, so I switched the rr over and it worked fine. So I think I have it narrowed down to the "bulb holder", but what is it called and can I get one at Ad Auto or Azone? If anyone has a part # or anything I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Turn signal problem