1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Info on this header?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
pimped_neon_RT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on this header?

Hey guys i was looking at this header a Chikara and it says that the tubing is 1 1/2 stock size and it comes with a precatalytic converter? I dont get if its going to make any power if its a stock size, and whats a precatalytic converter?

thanx

Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Info on this header?

I am not sure about the chikara, but my kirk racing long tube header is 4- 1 1/2" tubes into one. I would assume thats what they are talking about. I have never heard of a header comming with a pre-catalytic converter. Maybe they mean that the header is not a long tube and connects before the cat, so that you still have one??

Old 11-02-2005, 03:42 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

I'm sure "pre-cat" just means it bolts up before the cat...

The piping being stock size (and length, roughly) means it really isn't going to perform any better than a ported and polished stock manifold. It'll be shiny though. And probably the easiest header to install. Definitely better out there though.

Best of luck!

Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 AM
tonedef1

i know some cars have there cat attached to the manifold like the 00 civic ex it might be like that as for the tube size its not realy about how large the tubes are stock size is alright it's about the bends and the length they should be all the same length with as few bends as permittedyou want them to be close to straight so the exhaust flows more easily that makes for good headers. also check and see how there weilded cause the weilds tend to give up before anything else on aftermarket headers fue to the high heats of exhaust gases passing through them.

Quick Reply: Info on this header?