1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Mopar performance PCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
krid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar performance PCM

Recently i had a problem with my stock pcm (ecu), something it can be fixed about error code 41 and 44.
so i decided to replaced for the Mopar performance part p5007033 for my neon sohc 1995.

now with the new pcm the scanner shows 2 fault error 42 (asd) and 43 (ignition coil 1 ckt) and the car doesnt run.

could ive replaced for the worng part?

or did i miss to do something else at the moment of replacement?

should i replace spark plug wires?, sparks? relays? reset the pcm and start it again?
o somethig with the fuel?

thanks for your help ppl.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:56 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: Mopar performance PCM

I would think that it was the line to the coilpack from the PCM.....

Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

You realize the term for tohse codes are "diagnostics", meaning they point you in the direction of what's wrong... most of the time... Whoever told you that replacing the PCM would fix all your code problems has no business setting a wrench to a car. The PCM actually has its own seperate code for an internal fault as recognized during a self-check. But at least you've got a Mopar PCM now, and that's never a bad thing

You're absolutely positive it was a code 41 on the original PCM? That would point to a bad alternator, not a bad PCM... But since it's not showing up now, no sense worrying about it... Code 44 would indicate a problem with the battery temp sensor or wiring, but that's gone too...

What scanner are you using? Because it's giving you bad info. Those code descriptions are for a '96-up Neon. On a '95, code 42 could be the fuel pump relay OR the #2 primary coil on the coilpack, and code 43 could be either of the primary coils on the coilpack. So the coilpack or wiring to it is having issues.

Best of luck!

Old 11-21-2005, 08:26 PM
krid

Hi Again,

The general problem seems that something is wrong in the wire distribution, because with the new ECU the relays starts to jump every time, seems something wrong with the ground from pcm to the relays.

So i would like to know if anyone can give the ECU diagram of the 60 way pin connector of the stock part (05269602) and the new part (P5007033) to check all wire are ok, and start to try another solution.

thanks again

Old 11-22-2005, 03:24 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Here's the pinout:

The Mopar and stock units have the same pinouts. It's just the programming that is different. I'd start at the connector going into the coilpack and work back from there. The little clip on my connector broke off years ago, so it starts wiggling loose every now and then and throws a misfire code... But it sounds like you've got a bad connection somewhere. Have you verified power at that connector yet? If you have power, the next thing would be to check the ground wires. The PCM grounds the coilpack to fire the plugs, the power should be on constantly.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:49 PM
krid

Thanks for the info RadarLove.

we are cheking ground and wires to check if there are bad connectios, but somebody told me that could be a poorly flashed ecu.....

what can i do to check and fix it, if it could be the problem???..

the relays keeps jumping....daahhh, still groud problem....

anything else i will be very thanfull, because i live in south america and the support for those cars are poor..

thanks, anything new will post it thanks again

PD how can i get also the wire diagram in order to check

Quick Reply: Mopar performance PCM