1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

help 95 neon speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Newneonguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help 95 neon speakers not working

Hi I just got a 95 dodge neon with stock speakers but someone has replaced the cd player with an in-dash cassete player and now my front speakers do not work at all. Also it is not just turned down on the player, Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:19 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: help 95 neon speakers not working

From what it sounds like, the speakers are simply not connected to the head unit. Cheak it out real quick. If no it could be that secion of the head unit is fried when whoever isntalled it. Keep us posted. Oh there is a very good chance that your speakers are blown. Best of luck and tell us what happens.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Newneonguy
Rookie

Yeah I checked the back of the head unit and there are some wires that are loose but most of the others are capped together. Would not the back speakers not work to if the front ones are blown?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Charles Leto

When i install a head unit (i ahve installed many for people) i like to get all the correct harnesses for the car, and then solder any connections that need to be made

as for each speaker, there are 2 wires going to each speaker one Pos(+) and one Neg(-) so therefore if the RF speaker is blown the other 3 will work

the wires could be loose, or not connected properly

Let me know what you find out

Old 11-24-2005, 08:24 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Ok, here are some steps you can go through to figure out your problem.

1)Check the connections to your head unit.

2)If there is a good connection to your head and speakers still dont work take off the door pannel and check the speaker connections on the speakers themselvs. Sometimes a simple wire just comes loose and you can crimp them back together.

3)Still no sound? Well you my friend need new speakers or a new headunit. If none of the above steps solve your problem your head was either damaged during install(wich is very easy to do if the installer didnt really know what they were doing), or your speakers are simply blown. Even if the front pair are blow, if the user had only the front speakers on then the back would not be affected. From what it sounds like the speakers are the ones at fault. Go ahead and replace the speakers first, start cheap, then if your problem is not solved you need a new head. If you dont really have the cash to run to best buy to buy one let me know and I have blenty of factory heads that Id be more then happy to give you. I own my own install buisness and I have so many car audio parts that I really need to get rid of. Email me at highline95jl@yahoo.com if you want a factory receiver. For more in depth help check out websites like the 12Volt.com or Electronixwarehouse.com.

Good luck, keep in touch.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Newneonguy
Rookie

Thank you for all your posts. I will get back to all of those ideas but after I posted the second one I realized I was leaking oil and have to have the headgasket replaced, oh well, when it comes out of the shop I will try all of those ideas and get back with you all. thanks again

Old 11-26-2005, 04:02 PM
casper
Legend

Recheck all the wiring.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Newneonguy
Rookie

Ok guys thanks, seems to have been a number of things, got it together now. I thought it was the front speakers but it ended up being like the grey plug was messed up and some shorts in the cimped and capped wires well thanks again for the help!

Quick Reply: help 95 neon speakers not working