1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Hesitation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 PM
rustyjams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation Problem

My 95 Neon has a hesitation problem , but only when its up to operating temp. If I am driving 55mph with or without the cruise on it kinda stumbles like im pressing the gas on and off. And I have noticed that it is using alot of gas. Ive replaced the fuel filter, treated the gas w/ injector cleaner, changed sparkplugs. I checked the trouble codes and it comes back with nothing!! Any suggestions?

Old 11-27-2005, 10:24 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hesitation Problem

If it's only after the car warms up, I'd link it to the O2 sensors, as much as I hate doing that... Is the CEL lit?

Edit: saw your other post... definitely find out what's up with the CEL first...

best of luck!

Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 AM
beerplease
Default RE: Hesitation Problem

I'm having a similar problem with my 95 without any trouble codes, I've had to replace my oxygen sensors before but I always found the problem with my obd. what do you mean by cel ? In my case I didn't notice the hesitation problem untill after I fixed a cracked hose leading to my egr. I looked for the hose after getting code 32 Egr not working. I'm wondering if we switched to oxgenated gas and maybe that's causing it . I'm gonna open the hood again tommarow,If i figure it out I post my repair.

Quick Reply: Hesitation Problem