1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

intercooler kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:39 PM
greenmachine98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intercooler kit

im looking for an intercooler kit for my 98 neon SOHC. im having the hardest time finding it. i tried ebay. they have everything but that! if anyone knows where i can find one it would be deeply appreciated!!!! THANKS!!

Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
whyte69
Veteran
Default RE: intercooler kit

there's an intercooler included in the stage 2 upgrade kit over at http://www.modernperformance.com/

This is a listing for the entire turbo kit. If you want JUST the intercooler, you might have to talk to them about it.

You could also try http://www.howellautomotive.com

I know that Mr. Howell himself is a member on the boards, he might be around to give you some advice.

Good luck in finding what you need.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 PM
casper
Legend

Unless you get turbo kit, its a custom job. You can use any intercooler, the bigger the better, you will just have to make mounts.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 PM
whyte69
Veteran

hey, there's a useful bit of info. I hadn't known that thanks cassie

Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: whyte69

hey, there's a useful bit of info. I hadn't known that thanks cassie
Huh?

Old 12-14-2005, 04:00 AM
greenmachine98

thanks guys. i really appreciate the help.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Bigger isn't necessarily better in this case. You have to think about how many rows, internal sizes, and flowpaths at a minimum. Not to mention there's only so much space available under the bumper before you have to start cutting into the bumper support or frame... Many will proudly state their maximum HP ratings (remember, these are ideal conditions they are talking about though...). And I hope I don't have to mention that a 600HP intercooler will not boost your Garrett T3 to 600 HP... You can pull a used unit from any decent intercooled car making at least the power you are planning. SRT-4, a hefty supply of Volvos, etc.

Best of luck!

Old 12-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Gary Howell
Professional

ORIGINAL: greenmachine98

im looking for an intercooler kit for my 98 neon SOHC. im having the hardest time finding it. i tried ebay. they have everything but that! if anyone knows where i can find one it would be deeply appreciated!!!! THANKS!!
Which Turbo Kit are you running? The kit would have to match, so the piping is correct. If it is a homebrew kit, then you just need to find an intercooler that fits, and make your piping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-14-2005, 01:37 PM
greenmachine98

i actually got the people at (www.thestreetsource.net) to fabricate a kit for me. im the only thing they couldn't help me out with was an oil line kit, and an intercooler. this brings up another question. does my T3 garrett really need an intercooler kit. some say no, but the mechanic that was going to put it on said yes. and where can i find an oil line kit? and what is charge piping!!?? im so stumped on that! LOL

Old 12-14-2005, 02:02 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional

ORIGINAL: greenmachine98

i actually got the people at (www.thestreetsource.net) to fabricate a kit for me. im the only thing they couldn't help me out with was an oil line kit, and an intercooler. this brings up another question. does my T3 garrett really need an intercooler kit. some say no, but the mechanic that was going to put it on said yes. and where can i find an oil line kit? and what is charge piping!!?? im so stumped on that! LOL
goto your local hose fitting supplyer, they can custom make oil lines for you cheaper than you will get buying a kit for one and it will be custom made for your application. about the i/c, check your local salvage yards, they have cars with intercoolers there. just ask for an i/c out of whatever, all they have to do is punch it up on their hollander program to see how many i/c they have and you can choose which one will work best. i was going to use one out of a probe, but we sold it. good luck.

Quick Reply: intercooler kit