1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

after market cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 PM
beerplease
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market cruise control

Has anyone ever, or know anything about installing aftermarket or original cruise control in a neon ? any info would be apreciated ,like how much $$, how long to put it in what kind of tools u used and how you do it. I havn't looked up any info yet, so at this point I don't even know where to start .Thank's in advance . 95 dohc . 5 speed

Old 12-19-2005, 03:32 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: after market cruise control

Try jcwhitney.com. They have it.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: after market cruise control

Most of the 95's are only wired for cruise if it was installed at the factory. other years may or may not have the wiring (in the steering column/wheel). If you want to go with a factory setup, it'll be a little trickey, but there are how-to's out there if you look around.

I've installed aftermarket cruise on my Neon (gone now) as well as several other cars. It's not very difficult at all, just a matter of running wires here and there, cutting and splicing here and there, and teeing off a vacuum line. You'll want to get your rpm signal from the rpm signal wire from the PCM (or behind the instrument cluster). Mine was setup from the coil grounds and really limited my minimum cruising speed (reads half of actual rpm's...).

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: after market cruise control