1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Blinkers, Fan, Radio don't come one!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:39 PM
PBTwitch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers, Fan, Radio don't come one!

Okay here what happened, I tried to start my car and all I heard was a click, it didn't turn over or anything. So I took off the battery terminals and brushed them with a steel brush in case I wasn't getting enough voltage. Didn't work. So I pushed it over to a mechanic, he told me it was the starter and then called me like 20 minutes later and said my car started. I went over and tried to turn it on, it started puttering and the oil and battery lights were kinda flickering and then I touched the gas and the car started working fine, BUT I didn't have blinkers, radio, heater/ac fan, or rear defrost and my Air Bag light was on. But I did have headlights and everything else! So I have to turn my car on and off and sometimes everything works fine! I also have some wierd security system on my car where you can't start the car unless you turn the key all the way, then press the defrost button, then turn the key and it'll start. I don't know why the hell my electronics are acting all goofy!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:47 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Blinkers, Fan, Radio don't come one!

I would go for that funky alarm 1st. You obviously have a bad wire somewhere.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
PBTwitch

Yea, I took off the plate that the alarm is hooked to (the one with the defrost button) and there a blastic clip thats about two inches long with a several wires coming from it

Old 12-22-2005, 10:57 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional

hehe, i know, i reply all the time in here but, mine does that also as far as the idiot lights comming on, try turning your car on and starting it, then, turn the key back just a little bit, not to turn the engine off tho, like maybe an 1/8th inch or so. mine does that and i turn it back a little and it works fine, my blinkers used to come on when i hit the brakes.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:06 PM
PBTwitch

Well on another note, I was getting like 14 mpg and my CEL was on, the previous owner told me I didn't have to worry about it, well that CEL light was on cause my o2 sensors were out along with my EGR valve and Therm lol. Anyhow a couple days leter and $550 I got it all fixed. I then got 23 mpg the next tank, but now since I had that starting problem and what not, my gas seems to be going down real fast, I just filled it and its been warm the last few days (40-50 dgrees or so) so I haven't warmed it up at all. I got about 42 miles with almost 1/4 tank. I'm scared lol. Could it possibly be settings that got screwed up in my computer when I had unhooked the battery?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:07 PM
casper
Legend

When you disconnect the battery the PCM goes into limp mode untill it relearns everything again. give it like 30 miles or so.

Quick Reply: Blinkers, Fan, Radio don't come one!