1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

us vs. mexico ecu

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:03 AM
slow_hemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default us vs. mexico ecu

I have a 97 sohc neon any may be in need of a junkyard ecu. Is there a difference between the ECU's if the car was built in mexico or us?? there are a few differences between radiators, colling fans, rad. relay, ect. mine was built in mexico and they are a little harder to find in boneyards.

any help would be appreciated

Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: us vs. mexico ecu

Most neon parts are interchangeable, so an US built ECU should work fine, I hear as fas as ECUs go a US one would be an inprovement simply because the Neons built in Mexico were of a poorer quality simply because the cars their do not meet the same standards as American cars.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Ramrat
Professional

chances are if you find it here in the states, it was built for U.S. sale and has the same as Belvadear built cars(unless you live closer to the border of course). I work for Borg-Warner (transmitions and timeing systems) and do to regs. anything we build for over borders that is going into autos for U.S. sales are the same parts that go to the U.S. plants.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Gary Howell
Professional

No difference between the US and Mexican built cars if they were built for the US market. If it was a Mexican built car built for the Mexican Domestic Market then it will not use an 02 sensor and you can run leaded fuel in it.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:44 PM
slow_hemi
Rookie

I was hoping it was going to be that simple. Yes my car was intended for US sales I just replaced both O2 sensors last week. They made it 163000 miles! not to shabby...The only things I have replaced on this car since new are tires brakes plugs wires timimng belt water pump and head gasket! Even every bulb on the care are the factory origionals!!! What are the chances.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:58 AM
neon1985
Professional

ECU'S ARE THE SAME

Quick Reply: us vs. mexico ecu