1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

*^$#&*(!^%^%$#!*(*()$@&*()!@Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 03:16 AM
crbtree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *^$#&*(!^%^%$#!*(*()$@&*()!@Headlights

Okay, here it is: I have tailights, I have stop lights, I have running lights, I have fog lights, I have everything EXCEPT headlights!
The switch has smelled hot for some time now, but the headlights just stopped being on, so I pulled the switch, and sure enough, it looks fried. So I bought a new switch. still no headlights. bought a new connector, and wired it in; funny thing, it was heated up in the same place as mine, right at the H terminal. still no change. If the switch is plugged in (to the connector at the dash wiring harness) I can get dash lights, and the fogs will come on, but even if the switch is OFF. Also, the high beam indicator lamp is always ON, no matter wheteher the switch is on or off, but goes off if I unplug the switch. Since the connector I bought seems to have had the same problem I had( overheating at the H termnal) I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how you fixed it? At this point, I am probably just going to run new wires to the headlights, and do my own relays and switches, just using the steerign column switch for high/low beam control, and disabling the headlight switch controls.(except for dash lights and such)
This is a 95 with the SOHC, the Mopar performance brain, and a 57mm polished throttle body, but no major changes other than the Eibachs and Konis...
The electrical is basically untouched. Looking for ideas, help, suggestions?????

Thanks in advance!

Conrad

Old 01-16-2006, 05:01 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: *^$#&*(!^%^%$#!*(*()$@&*()!@Headlights

Replace the multi-fuction switch. Its the turn signal/high beam/lowbeam switch.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:48 AM
neon1985
Professional
Default RE: *^$#&*(!^%^%$#!*(*()$@&*()!@Headlights

This happened to me and my 98 dohc neon here's what i suggest you do
1) Trace the wires from the headlight to the switch if any are burnt cut and replace them.
2) Check the Fuses! i know it sounds simple but hey it could be it!
3) Check the Electricial conductivity of the switch ( My brother did this one im not quite sure how he did it i think he voltage meter of something like that)

All three of these things were wrong with mine,
Good luck!

Quick Reply: *^$#&*(!^%^%$#!*(*()$@&*()!@Headlights