1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Newbie needs help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:39 AM
jacipoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help

Hey everyone. My Chevy S10 was striped from me (

So I bought a 98 Dodge Neon; which I know nothing about(I know alot of Chevy S10 - which is what I had; so I need some help with this new car). I was wondering if anyone knew anything about putting flowmasters on these cars or if I could get any help and/or advice.

Please Help!!!

Old 01-16-2006, 02:25 AM
95SPRTcpe
Rookie
Default RE: Newbie needs help

header? full exaust? just a mufler? any of which are very simple to do just a few bolts and off they come. the hardest is deff the header since there isn't tooo much room back there to work with. but the exaust just slip it from the hangers and off it comes, not sure about the 98 but on my 95 there is a little screw or bolt holding the end of the converter to the mid section that you'd have to take out in order to replace that. if your just looking to bolt on a flow master muffler well you can either put on a couple adapters and put a bend piece on so you dont melt your bumper. since the rear section of the exaust curves around, or you can simple cut off the bend inthe exuast and bolt it on. sorry to hear about your s10 in my opinion you made a good choice with getting a neon. great cars with tons of potential to be some real good ricer eaters. good luck, hope it all works out good, a good thing to do is probley just go out one day open the hood get under it and look around see where everything goes and what not. and a haynes manual will deff help you out

Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 PM
casper
Legend

There are many good exhuast systems out there. Borla, Pacesetter, flowmaster.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 AM
neon1985
Professional

All exhaust routing is the same on all 1st gen neons i have seen one in nashville with a full flowmaster set up but it sounded kinda weak.. I personally have pacesetter exhaust but the clamps rust like crap!

Old 01-17-2006, 05:05 AM
jacipoo

Thanks for your help )

Quick Reply: Newbie needs help