Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a sohc motor fit my dohc

and what would i have to do to make all this work

Old 02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: will a sohc motor fit my dohc

the motors will fit just fine, you might have to change the wiring harness, the computer does have to be changed, otherwise i am pretty sure that is it. as long as the whole motor will be changed.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Ramrat
Professional

motors are a even swap, need the PCM out of the SOHC and the wireing harness has a few wires longer by a inch or two on the DOHC, so you will be fine on that. obvisoley you will need the exsust manafoild , but i'de use from the cat all the way back from the DOHC as it has better flow than the SOHC

Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

I'm curious why you'd go that route? Most people go from SOHC to DOHC...

Aside from the engine, you'd need the SOHC intake manifold, SOHC exhaust manifold, fuel rail, and possibly a handful of sensors depending on what year to match up with your existing wiring harness. The water temp sensor is on the back (firewall) side of the SOHC head as opposed to up by the thermostat on the DOHC intake manifold - just reroute that wire from the harness. You don't need a SOHC PCM to run it, you'll just have to live with a slightly richer mix at idle and other closed loop conditions (WOT, etc.). If you decide to go with a stock SOHC or Mopar SOHC PCM, make sure it's from the same year as your car/harness. 1995's are unique, 1996's are unique, and 1997-1999 are interchangeable.

Don't try using a SOHC form a 2003-up Neon, the crank signal is different and will not work...

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: will a sohc motor fit my dohc