1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Runs like poot

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runs like poot

so today my car started running like poop. i was running her a little hard (nothing new) and when i got to work, it was running like there was water in the fuel, or a vacume hose has been sucked shut. any who both have happend before the vacume hose when i was running it hard for like 45 minutes, the other when i had a hole in my filler tube for my gas. any who i checked my filler tube patch work, its fine, i checked for the usual vacume hoses and nothing... the kicker... she ran fine allll the way back home.

Any ideas?

Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: Runs like poot

When you say runngint like **** like how? Slow acceleration, runnin hot, strong vibration or shudder?

Old 03-13-2006, 02:20 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

it runs like there isnt fuel in the motor, due to it being water or a vacume hose not relaying stuff through
kinda like a miss fire but not constant to one specific cylender

Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Sounds like a coil pack in that case.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

so far im going with water in the fuel because she runs great now and i ran'er hard again. heres what happend the last time i had water in my gas

The dark colored is the half gallon of water, and the light is the fuel this is when ihad the giant hole in my filler hose...

the other thing that leads me to believe its water is that we had a giant storm yesterday and i was driving in it. any other sugestions on what else it could have been are apreciated thanks

Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 PM
1995redneon

I have a similar problem with my 95 highline, it runs kinda hard sounds like a misfire. it started doing this 1 month ago , but since i drive my car rarely, i didnt notice it and it was doing it not all the time. but yesterday it was running really strange, so i let it run for a few mins poped the hood and i saw sparks coming out of my coil pack? wtf? is that common? a friend of mine suggested i use epoxy to fill the cracks up? anyone think that will work? i replaced the coil pack/pluggs/wires about 1.5 years ago with brand new ones? btw i am in northern ohio and a month ago it was butt cold out here. any suggestions will be welcome and appreciated

Old 11-10-2006, 04:53 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Just replace the coil pack might wana do the plugs and sparks as well just to be on the safe side, something had to of caused that spark from the coil pack better to be safe then sorry.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 1995redneon

I have a similar problem with my 95 highline, it runs kinda hard sounds like a misfire. it started doing this 1 month ago , but since i drive my car rarely, i didnt notice it and it was doing it not all the time. but yesterday it was running really strange, so i let it run for a few mins poped the hood and i saw sparks coming out of my coil pack? wtf? is that common? a friend of mine suggested i use epoxy to fill the cracks up? anyone think that will work? i replaced the coil pack/pluggs/wires about 1.5 years ago with brand new ones? btw i am in northern ohio and a month ago it was butt cold out here. any suggestions will be welcome and appreciated
If you have a crack on the coil pack, you need to replace the coil pack and not use an epoxy to seal the crack. Your plugs should be changed every 10,000 miles, so I'd bet your well overdue for that.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:22 PM
1995redneon

thanks for the quick response. I will go and replace the coil pack and spark plugs.

Quick Reply: Runs like poot