1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

no reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:00 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no reverse lights

i was messing with my project car the other day and noticed that it didnt have reverse lights...now the thing is that it hasnt had any in like 3 years, the fuse is fine, the bulbs are fine, and all the wires goin to the plug are fine...any ideas why they dont work

Old 03-31-2006, 02:28 AM
ace_master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no reverse lights

I dont know what the problem is with these things, but im sure if most of the people on here took a look at this, they will find they have the same issue, my dad has owned 2 neons and they both had this problem.
And on my neon, if you wiggle the shifter (automatic) it will flash if you hit a certain spot, ive read somewhere that this problem is hard to fix and costly to get done elsewhere, so i kinda gave up on mine for the time being, but if anyone on here knows of a solution that doesnt consist of a manual switch... let us know.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
spudsterier
Legend

both of mine are manuals and my red one sometimes has a problem with it and you have to really slam it back into reverse to get the lights on but on my blue one you cant get them on at all..no matter how much you move the lever...it doesnt really matter to me but i figure that while its in the garage i would like to get all the gnomes worked out.....

Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
neonstalker

The reverse lights on my 98 atx don't work and all it is is this conection that the wires are worn at. common problem. I am not sure if the mtx is the same and I am too lazy to go out again and look at our 95 (and its dark out now)

Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 AM
spudsterier
Legend

on the manual the plug is up front and kinda on the top of the trans, underneath the battery..the plug looks fine and the clip and wires looks fine...thanks for the help but i think im just gona let it be and not worry about it....the car wont be driven enough to matter and i wont have to worry about people waiting behind me in a parking lot for my space(haha)if they dont see the backup lights

Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 AM
LilRedNeon97
Professional

ORIGINAL: neonstalker

The reverse lights on my 98 atx don't work and all it is is this conection that the wires are worn at. common problem. I am not sure if the mtx is the same and I am too lazy to go out again and look at our 95 (and its dark out now)

where is that??? how do i see it? where do i look?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:12 AM
SCCA B8

ya....i have the same problem with my 97 auto. but I have safety inspection coming up on me really soon. i see in my engine bay where this plug is, but how should I go about fixing it? does it wire through the firewall to the gear selector? Thanks

Quick Reply: no reverse lights