1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

update on sisters Neon

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default update on sisters Neon

well all the problems are still there from before... but this time i had to take her car to a meeting down town and well from driving in the city i found some things kinda interesting like. When i would be at a stoplight and i would have the brakes on the idle would go up to 1500 but then when i would get off them (with the transmission in N) it would drop down to 1200RPMs... i find that to be kinda interesting. but then i found 2 more problems. the first one i'm taking care of tomorrow at the tireshop (wheels out of balance MAJORLY) and the second (to many) problem is with the cooling. i was on the highway and all the sudden i hear the door chim go off so i was like great my door just come how opened slightly... boy was i wrong cause i looked in the mirror and it was closed so then i looked at the instrument panel and the temp. was all the way at the H. so i pulled over opened the hood and i just felt a big breeze of hot air from under the engine. so i looked at the coolent and there was nothing in it so i put some coolent in it plus all the water in the water bottles that i could find in the car into the res. and i wait about 20 min. to let it cool down. so then i start off again and it goes right back up around the H but by this time i'm like 2 miles away from the meeting so i go straight there keeping a close eye on it and after the meeting i look under the hood again (the temp. gauge still saids its hot after 2 hours of sitting) and theres nothing in the Res. so i put some more in it but this time it went in the top of the Res. and right out unto the ground. so we took after the radiator cap to put the water and coolent straight into the radiator and so far its been running normal. my friend saids it could be leaking from the heater core but we just got that replaced for the second time about 10,000 miles ago. any ideas?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: update on sisters Neon

Bad thermostat or bad radiator. It may be clogged on thr inside and not flowing well.

Quick Reply: update on sisters Neon