1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Sticky Internal Quick Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
tjharder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sticky Internal Quick Fix

whatever. have you ever seen the inside of a trans vs. engine??? the trans is very clean. i am not a chemist but i do know the trans fluid "acts like" a detergent. the process i explained does work. sorry for trying to help.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
tomthedog
Captain

easy dude. i'm no expert. i'm just trying to learn more. if you got some know-how (and it worked for you) i'm more than HAPPY to hear (NO BS)!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 10:52 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran

If you look inside a properly running engine it to is usually very clean, along with the transmission.

Sean

Old 06-15-2006, 11:44 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tjharder
whatever. have you ever seen the inside of a trans vs. engine??? the trans is very clean. i am not a chemist but i do know the trans fluid "acts like" a detergent. the process i explained does work. sorry for trying to help.
The transmission doesn't see the heat an engine sees either though. I know tranny fluid has detergents, I just don't see how it has more than an engine oil. I have seen the inside of my engine using Mobil oil and it looks real clean .

I'm not trying to disprove you, but what detergent are you talking about, Phosphorous, Zinc, Calcium, Barium?

Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
5.0LTREATER
Rookie

I am by no means a certified expert on this subject; but I have done this many times. I have also used a quart of kerosene instead of tranny fluid to clean the internals. When I was in my teens, we used to pour tranny fluid in the carb with a friend revving the engine at about 3k - 4k. You had to pour it slow as not to kill the engine, and it would smoke like a tar kettle until the tranny fluid burned out of it, but it cleaned all the carbon off the valves and pistons. We also used water to do the same thing. I know everyone out there is seizing up right now thinking about the hydrolock potential. Relax a little, we used a spray bottle and misted it in. The steam created did miracles. I have done it on my 98 highline and 95 acr, but instead of water I used rubbing alcohol. It is 70% water. Alcohol injection is a cool little performance tip. By alcohol being 70% water, and as we all know, water does not compress as gasoline does, it will raise the compression in the cylinder. The alcohol also reduces the charge air temp and helps with the combustion process as it is also flammable.

Also please try to remember that some things don't have to be scrutinized to the extreme technical level. Some things just work and have been proven to work by plain old, non-technical people doing them. Not everything started out of the box as a bolt on part. Look at the whole NASCAR industry today, it was started by moonshiners who had no formal education to speak of, when 110 mph was extremely fast.
Most performance ideas come from average people doing things out of the ordinary with their cars or bikes that work, and work well. (Take the guy on this forum, spudsterier, that built his own CAI because there is not one readily available for a neon any longer. And to me it is a better idea than the iceman.) The engineers take these ideas, formalize them, put them to paper, and then a company markets them. Keep sitting around waiting for an engineer to come up with new performance ideas and you will see the progression slow to a snails pace. In short, I guess what I am trying to say is quit being so damn **** and just enjoy your car.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:17 PM
tjharder

WELL SAID

Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bah, seafoam does the same thing as is designed for all that.

Quick Reply: Sticky Internal Quick Fix