1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

FIXED, I WAS A TOOTH OFF....AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIXED, I WAS A TOOTH OFF....AGAIN!

i found my timing mark on my other cam gear, but when we set the timing, we went by the cam lock pin, not the timing mark, and it is opposite of the timing mark on the cam, is this bad or does it even matter?

Old 06-14-2006, 01:17 AM
NYG
Veteran
Default RE: I NEED A PICTURE...

If you are really careful - you can remove Spark Plug #1 and Turn your crank slowly till you have the piston at the very top - from there you can reference your timing as well.

I have actually never did this with a 2.0 engine - I did do it on a Old Ford V8 one time when my Distributor came loose.

Follow the Marks is the best option if you can!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional

it is 180 out, or so i am told. the lock pin is 180 degrees from the timing mark, we lined up the timing mark on the cover to the lock pin and the crank was at tdc as #1 was at full stroke. (we did the screw driver trick) so, i know i am 180 out, but does it really matter?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
tomthedog
Captain

YES, more so on the dohc. you NEVER said what's going wrong. i'm guessing here......it runs like poo? rich mix comming from the tail? Or when you hand cranked the motor over After swapping out T-belt the timming marks didn't match up? everyone i have see on this site WILL HELP. just tell the whole story and what's wrong. happy motoring.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:53 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional

ORIGINAL: tomthedog

YES, more so on the dohc. you NEVER said what's going wrong. i'm guessing here......it runs like poo? rich mix comming from the tail? Or when you hand cranked the motor over After swapping out T-belt the timming marks didn't match up? everyone i have see on this site WILL HELP. just tell the whole story and what's wrong. happy motoring.
i edited the first post in this thread cause i fixed it, it was a tooth off was the problem, everything is ok now, car is a zoomer.lol.

Quick Reply: FIXED, I WAS A TOOTH OFF....AGAIN!