1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

96 neon drag project

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM
mmench
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 neon drag project

i am currently in the process of building my old daily driver neon into a nitrous car for the track over the summer. it has a fresh motor in it now but i am expecting to build another motor over the winter for it for a serious turbo combination. as i am about to order the nitrous does anybody have any suggestions of what i could add to it. and also will my stock ecu be good enough.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:03 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: 96 neon drag project

flash some skin or go home, ain't got beads that i can throw that far (i'm bs'ing).

the stock PCM (Powertrain Con Mod)? NO WAY.

NO2 you will need some type of ignition retard, may work with pcm mods.

NO IDEA about turbo. use the search eng on this site. GOOD LUCK and send some pics!

Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 AM
mmench
Captain

thanks. i know all the basic crap about turbos and nitrous but i havent really worked on neons much. i mean i have but just like minor intake exhaust suspension stuff. never indepth stuff. i mainly have exp. with big blocks and stuff. anyways thanx for input. i am taking it to the track tomorroe nite wit stock motor but stripped out. owel. i send pic definetly.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:58 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mmench
i am about to order the nitrous does anybody have any suggestions of what i could add to it. and also will my stock ecu be good enough.
Your stock PCM will work fine. What you add, depends on what type of setup you want to run and what type of shot. For example, if you want to run a dry 50 shot, you are good to go.

Quick Reply: 96 neon drag project