1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1 A/C ? 1 General ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:42 AM
mojojojo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 A/C ? 1 General ?

when i turn on the A/C or defroster there is a terrible squeel. sounds like the pump, but why does it do it when the defroster is on as well?

I need some misc. parts nothing major...what year neons have compatable (drive train), (body), etc... ? mine is 97'

Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: 1 A/C ? 1 General ?

your defrost takes up some power as well, when you turn it on and it squeels could mean that something with your hm not the alternator but the damI can't think of it but it runs the A/C it could be going out.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tighten your power steering belt up...it's probably loose. The rear defrost uses the A/C to help take moisture out of the car as well.

ORIGINAL: mojojojo
I need some misc. parts nothing major...what year neons have compatable (drive train), (body), etc... ? mine is 97'
What do you need? All body parts are compatible, 95 and 96 engines have some different sensors, all 97-99 parts are interchangable. Given the same type of engine.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:04 AM
mojojojo

the power steering belt? how would that affect the noise the A/C and defrost make when its on? are they connected some how? if so wouldn't it make noise when i turn the wheel etc...?

Parts needed are small misc. stuff like air filter lid, head light mount, air bag (driver), a cpl of the vents from the interior. nothin major except the airbag. but i think i found one waiting for a response from a guy.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:16 AM
tomthedog
Captain

power steering and a/c on the same belt. some times mine squeals when i make tight turns with the a/c on too, not with the a/c off though. the belt is as tight as i can get it without another set of hands so i just live with the noise or turn off the a/c in park lots.

the a/c also comes on with the defrost, helps it work faster. good luck.

Quick Reply: 1 A/C ? 1 General ?