1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

now i have a big problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 PM
ewetho
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: now i have a big problem

Try an new shop this time. Also Why A new tire. Replace them in sets of 2 as then with 2 new tires they will have one less thing to complain about. The new tie rods will help. Also ask them to give you A true caster and SAI reading. This can tell you if something is bent still. Also wheel base variation and wheel track.

If they are using a Dumbo Ear (the heads they put on your wheels look like ears of an elephant) Hunter Alignment rack then the above should be absolutely no problem. If your camber is the same side to side but SAI is very deifferent you have issues to deal with. PM or Email me and I will give you a breakdown and a hint of where to look for damage if anything to be worried about. But you will need to provide all of the idicated specs from ou alignment readout.

Toe -- individual toe is fine
Camber -- individual sides in Degrees
Caster -- individual sides in Degrees
SAI -- individual sides in degreees

Cross specs given to you

Repeat for rear no caster should be given though.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:52 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put 4 new tires on it....hopefully it will go into get another allignment here within a week...the place im gonna take it gives you all the info

Old 07-24-2006, 11:35 PM
DNeon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you get new tires when you said "the car also has brand new tires all the way around.... "
where did you get the steering rack from? your old car? are you sure you installed it in properly?
As for the shop...lol did you see any certificates? licences?? did you watch them do the alignment, cause before doin an alignment you gotta check the front end. make sure nothins lose, ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar links etc...
who put in the koni struts? you really gotta no wat you're doin when you mess wit steering.
how you no your frame ain bent? by lookin at it or did you have sumone measure it?
I like the flux capacitor comment =D
forgive me if I got stuff mixed up, readin all those replies gets you confused.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:53 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put new tires on it the day before i got the allignment...
i put the koni struts on...and i do know what im doin
they do have certificates...they hang on the wall behind the desk in frames...
i didnt watch them do the allignment because i had to go to my other job...
belive me...the front end was tight enough....i got done switching everything over at 10:00pm the night before...and used a 650ft/lb mac impact wrench on it all...where needed of course...
the rack did come off my other car.....it worked fine on there with no problems

the frame isnt bent...i looked it all over vary closely...if it gets bent there should be some slight crinkles somewhere...and all bolt holes still atch up perfect....the car drove nice and straigh before the allignment...it just wore the tires badly due to the allignment being off...

i replaced the rack because it seemed easier then changing the inner tie rod...and cheaper...
and i got the allignment because i adjusted the tie rods the best i could on the new rack..and the camber is extremely adjustable on the koni struts.......

i adjusted the tie rod the other day and now it drives alot straighter...when you hit the gas it doesnt swerve anymore....but the steering wheel is still off..

i know its all installed properly...im no newbie to working on cars...or neons for that matter....if you name sumthing in a neon ive changer/removed/replaced it...i do know what im doin...

i bought a new tie rod today and plan on replacing it tomorrow(i didnt feel like messing with it today after replacing the radiator)
by the end of the week i am goin to order the tire for my srt rims and lowering springs...then i am goin to take it in and get another allignment...from a place i know does a good job

Quick Reply: now i have a big problem