1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Fuel Injector o-rings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006 | 08:37 PM
Bassboy
|
Veteran
Default Fuel Injector o-rings?

What all is involved in changing them? my #2 and #4 cylinder injectors are leakin a bit and I bought new o-rings for all 4 but am unsure how exactly to change them. I know you need to depressurize the fuel line, then remove it do the injectors just pull out?

Old 07-18-2006 | 09:27 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Default RE: Fuel Injector o-rings?

ok so yeah....use a screwdriver and release the pressure....then remove the two bolts that hold down the fuel rail....if its the o rings that are on the top of the injector that go into the rail then you have to remove the retaining clips with a screwdriver or pliers....if its the o rings on the bottom of the injects then remove the injectors the same way....but you dont have to reomve the injectors from the rail
i use a screwdriver to pry the whole rail and injectors out of the intake manifold then remove it all from there....
and remember to disconnect the wire clips first...that way you have more room

hope this isnt too confusing

Old 07-18-2006 | 09:29 PM
Bassboy
|
Veteran

Nope explains it perfectly, yea its the ones on end by the intake not the fuel rail.. hopefully thats the o-rings they gave me, or they are the same orings lol..

Old 07-19-2006 | 01:57 AM
spudsterier
Legend

as far as i remember, they are the same thing

Old 07-19-2006 | 09:05 AM
Bassboy
|
Veteran

Got them all changed before I went into work lastnite, tho I lost one of the bolts for the fuel rail and had to walk to Napa to pick up another lol.. Thanks for your help bro was very easy to change them.. the 2 that were leaking were so warn out its not even funny..

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector o-rings?