1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Alternator tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator tensioner

Ok so i put my UDP on yesterday before work, i didnt get every thing done before my girlfriend took me to work, so my other neon friend finished her up for me, well when i got back to his house at 5am he tells me that the alternator belt tensioner bolt broke. and that the belt wasnt comming off of the pulleys but it was still kinda loose. SOOO how do i get the rest of the tensioner out without tearing down the pasenger side of the motor? so far i havnt noticed much gains from the UDP. =(

Old 08-03-2006, 10:18 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alternator tensioner

do you know which bolt it is.....i know the tensioner....but is it the bolt that mounts to the alternator, or the long *** through bolt that comes out on the back through the black metal cover?????

if its the long bolt, then you can loosen the bottom pivot bolt...which you can reach up there from in the wheel well....then you can reach up higher and loosen the nut on the top bolt...the one that the long bolt goes into...and then should be able to just knock it outta there......might work for ya......i dont see any reason why you should have to rip the side of the motor apart

Old 08-03-2006, 11:51 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HabitatHxC
so far i havnt noticed much gains from the UDP. =(
You should notice quicker acceleration and rev faster, not so much HP gains.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

(side note sorry lol)
hm I thought your car looked familar, I just ran into someone with that exact same car on 4th street and I asked you what you had under there and you told me then you held the pulley up, So I read your profile and whala it was you lol I know this had nothing to do with the post but it was one of those moments sorry everyone.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:48 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

HA HA WOW SMALL WORLD!! any who it does seem a lil better, but my tranny is now pissed at me!

Quick Reply: Alternator tensioner