1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Speed Control Solenoid Circuit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
downpourss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Control Solenoid Circuit!

Hey guys!
I was just wondering if any of you could offer some insight into how to fix the Speed Control Solenoid Circuit. I've got a 95 Neon 4DR Highline Sedan. I was driving on the highway the other day (the first time, seeing as I just recently bought the car) and I got a check engine light. It came up as a code 34, and I have no idea where to start in fixing it. I noticed some diagrams on one of the FAQ posts about speed sensors, and I wasn't sure if that was it or not, so I figured I might as well ask!

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speed Control Solenoid Circuit!

I'm assuming you have cruise control, so you should check the wires and vacuum hoses to ensure they are good.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i get that code, my cruise doesnt work, i found the plastic vaccum lines cracked /broke and wires chewed up from a mouse or squirrel

Old 09-26-2006, 03:47 PM
downpourss

Thanks for the replies, I'll definately be checking those. I'm assuming it's probably something to do with my cruise control like you guys said, but.. this is going to come off as odd but I'm not sure if I have cruise or not. See, when I bought the car, it's condition was listed as REBUILT because, well, I'm not sure why. When we did the body work and paint job on it back in late August we noticed some things idicative of a front end collision (drivers side). Because of this, the airbag went off and it was repackaged back into the steering wheel.. Now there are two buttons on either side of the center part of the steering wheel (which is to say, a lack of buttons.. they're just the holes where the buttons used to be). I wasn't quite sure what they were supposed to be for but now I'm assuming it was cruise control.

I was told that the only way to replace the buttons missing is to buy a whole new steering wheel from a scrapyard, and that I couldn't just get the buttons (I don't care all that much if they work, I just want something to fill the holes). Is this true?

Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
downpourss

Oh, just to clarify what I wrote above.. I just called my dad to let him in on what I had found out, and he says that he doesn't think I have cruise because when we were working under the hood he didn't notice the stuff for it.. So now I'm not sure.. Is there anything else it could be? (Sorry I'm clueless with this, I'm just learning as I go along! )

Old 09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: downpourss
I was told that the only way to replace the buttons missing is to buy a whole new steering wheel from a scrapyard, and that I couldn't just get the buttons (I don't care all that much if they work, I just want something to fill the holes). Is this true?
You were told wrong then. All you need is the buttons which you can get from a junkyard. You DON'T need a new steering wheel. The little pods are held in with screws.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:17 PM
downpourss

Oh okay, that's great! Thank you!

Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

i want cruise control

hahah

Quick Reply: Speed Control Solenoid Circuit!