1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Break lock up

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break lock up

So ive been having a problem with my passenger side Breaks. For about a month now they have been gettinging really hot. They dont releace like there supposed to, (when im walking away i can hear it creaking open) So something tells me its not getting enough fluid. So could by brake line be bad? is this a common occurance in neons??

There was one night i was walking in, and i look back and i see a glowing rotor... =BAD

Old 10-12-2006, 07:23 PM
NEONRT98
All Star
Default RE: Break lock up

Sounds like a bad caliper to me. If its not releasing liek it should and being stuck...

Old 10-12-2006, 07:46 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you try bleeding the line???? maybe there is some air in there, and bleeding it can help you find out if a line is bad...have you ever replaced the caliper??? if not then it might be a good time....
check where that brake line goes into the brake booster/resivoir....(its an aluminum peice that looks like a big wrench can fit on it, usually has sum sort of sticker around it) i have noticed that these go bad sumtimes

Old 10-12-2006, 09:51 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Brand new caliper, fresh blood =D I dunno i only found the line for ABS and im not sure if i have ABS... there is no lire for it when i start my car.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:02 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

might not have it then if there isn't a light for it, or it could just be burnt out or a fuse issue you will find out for sure this winter, and the way the weather is suppose to go you might find out a lot sooner then you want, check for the air issue

Old 10-14-2006, 05:01 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

slider pins might be sticking... or you could have a collapsed rubber hose, it lets pressure it, but not back out, ive ran into that before
and if you have a bad mastery cyl, only one side will work
ABS will have a big aluminum box right under the master cyl, if it dont have ABS theres nothing there but lines going under the car
you want a with / without pic?

Quick Reply: Break lock up