1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

WIP pics of my front pillar tweeter pods

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006 | 06:55 PM
FyreDaug
|
Veteran
Default RE: WIP pics of my front pillar tweeter pods

I really hope you are just an annoying thread troll and I didnt make a mistake coming to an idiot forum

Old 10-14-2006 | 07:20 PM
FyreDaug
|
Veteran

And just for your information, the SQ in this system is guaranteed to be better than whatever you have. Its just fact. Next step would be a good 4 channel amp soley for the front speakers, I can keep the mono rockford for the 6x9's as they are only rear fill anyways. And that is gonna be another upgrade. If this is an upgrade from last year in my accord, which won 2grand. im gonna compete with this car, and laugh at you as my car pays for itself with its sound system. And then ill laugh again at your ignorance

Old 10-14-2006 | 07:39 PM
own a peice

you keep wining your little sound checks and we will keep wining races

Old 10-14-2006 | 07:47 PM
FyreDaug
|
Veteran

ORIGINAL: own a peice

you keep wining your little sound checks and we will keep wining races
in a neon

Old 10-14-2006 | 09:07 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

YES in a neon!

[IMG]local://upfiles/37714/84F686C9AA3C44B4BE3D6DC1FF6429E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37714/62CD2F8197A14B77A242D4529E60F89A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2006 | 09:15 PM
95NeonJS
Professional

You used a candle as your mold for the tweeter pods? LOL thats cool

Old 10-15-2006 | 12:39 AM
spudsterier
Legend

so its just a fact that your sound quality is better then mine???? i bet you for the money i spent on my system and what i have, the sound quality would be plenty fine for the average listener....just because i dont go out and buy a bunch of ****, doesnt mean my stereo sounds like crap.......i know your gaurantee isnt worth anything

i wouldnt start throwing around facts unless there is a way you can proove it....and you cant

Old 10-15-2006 | 01:11 AM
FyreDaug
|
Veteran

wtf? candle mold? no...

Well yeah im sure yours sounds just fine, any expensive equipment will sound just fine for anyone. But when its a sound quality competition, usually that stuff doesnt cut it. People who spent like 5k on their stereos with thousand dollar focal components dont even win. The power is matching the line voltage to the input sensitivity of your amps. With a higher signal to noise ratio you will hear things in music you never thought were there EDIT: a big thing in SQ competitions, speaker sensitivity is fairly important aswell, I think these mbq's are 2db (some disturbed songs are good for this). Make sure you have zero distortion, going by dc voltage on the ac line of the amp, and by VISUALLY seeing it on a oscilliscope hugely help. My MB Quart speakers are awesome, and I wouldnt trade them for any focal. Sure they are bright, but that just means more potential, when you can control everything on your computer with professional software you can bring out that edge. Im not knocking what you got, im just trying to say that its ignorant to knock my system if you dont even know what the hell a carputer is.

I would recommend anyone, ANYONE who plans on having a more than average stereo system to go with a carputer setup, if you know what you are doing you can do it yourself, and honestly the fiberglass is the hardest part of it all. Just the things you can with computers nowadays are much better than a headunit. If your gonan drop more than 400 on any headunit, think it over and think how much you really want out of your system. Obviously a 400$ headunit will be cheaper than a carputer setup. But if your then gonan drop 2k on subs and a thousand on components, its better to weigh the difference, you can virtually make any speaker sound good with the proper tuning. Hell im trying it with SONY 6x9's I dont expect them to do extremely well, but they will pick up a little more mid bass and provide some high fill aswell. In 2 weeks everything is done, then you can critisize the install if you feel its neccesary

Old 10-15-2006 | 01:30 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i spent 800.00 on my last headunit and that thing was amazing....had it for 2 years then it got stollen
my last stereo cost $8,000....the one i have now cost only 700.00.....and it sounds awsome

i just like listening to my music and enjoying the sound.....but there is no way im ever gonna control it all with a computer, the head unit works just fine for me...as long as its a good one...

a guy i know that owns a junkyard had a 89 dodge ramcharger.....inside was 4-15in. MA audio subs, 2-1500 watt fosgate power BD amps and a sony balackout head unit....this stereo was amazing...from 100 feet away it blew out every florescent light tube in his shop.....wasnt bad for only paying 400.00 for the whole truck at an impound auction

the most insane stereo i have ever seen was in a geo metro....5-15in. JL audio 15w3's and 5 amps.....hit 171.7db...in a metro!!!

either way, my stereo days are about over, now im just gonna focus on racing and HP....i think im gonna sell the stereo i have in my rango.....its not my thing anymore....especially since i am almost 70% def in my left ear and 30% in my right ear....stereos have to be the worst thing ive ive gotten into

Old 10-15-2006 | 02:56 AM
FyreDaug
|
Veteran

Well then why the hell get like 4 subs? I have 1, and it went to 140+db, theres no ****ing way I need that much loudness anyways. I like clearness, and I have always been an audiophile. My processing equipment (including sound card) was like 500 bucks ALONE. I need a new line driver though, something with a balanced output would be cool as ive always been running an unbalanced signal, but honestly im new to that and ive heard you need to have special amps with special balanced inputs.

Anyways, back on topic here. These tweeter pods will hold the MBQ's like I said, mounted to the corners of the windshield. The other tweets will be in the dash where those other speakers are (a simple fiberglass piece = direct fit). Still undecided where im putting the 5.25's. I could make kick pods, but I never liked making those, working in tight spaces, have to be in the car. Makes it reak of fiberglass.

But seriously, if you wanna see some wicked award winning systems, go read through some of the things on mp3car.com, theyve got forums and a subforum for showing off your ride. Some of those are ****ing amazing. I wish I had some of the fabricating skills some of those guys have. I get impatient with fiberglass from time to time, onyl been working with it for about 1.5years though, I just wouldnt as "efficient" as some of the guys out there.

Quick Reply: WIP pics of my front pillar tweeter pods