1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

might be getting another r/t

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default might be getting another r/t

well i got a call earlier from the pastor guy that performed my wedding ceramony...this guy is kewl, he drives a red 99 r/t with 215,000 miles on it....with the original clutch at that!!! but he said that he was in a town about an hour drive from me and found a neon r/t in sumones front yard for sale....he doesnt know if its a 98 or 99, but it is blue with the skunk stripes....from what im told it has about 140,000 miles, no power options, and the body looks real good...and might be some aftermarket rims....other then that im not sure if there is anything wrong with it.......1,100.00 or best offer
might be just me because i love my r/t's, but it doesnt sound like a bad price....so i think im gonna call about it in a few minuites...maybe if im lucky it was have a bad motoror sumthing...maybe a broken timing belt

the pastor said that he is gonna sell his for $2,000 and its a real good looking car...infact thats the only reason i knew who he was and the reason he did our wedding....we met racing down the highway, and after we stopped and talked a little bit, found out he was a pastor...just struck me as odd for a guy like that to be racing like he was.....but anyways, everytime he sees a nice neon for sale he calls me....just like i have a neon-lookout

Old 10-17-2006, 01:40 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: might be getting another r/t

i want an r/t

gah damn it

Old 10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i havent even seen an r/t around here, except the one i tore apart to get my transmsion out of, if that car wasnt kicked all to **** by the previous owner i woulda saved it[:'(]

Old 10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i tried calling about it, but i think i have the wrong number....so the pastor guy is gonna have a friend of his drive by it today and double check the number.....maybe i will find out about it this afternoon and if its worth it, my mom might invest some money into it depending on what is wrong
maybe i will resell it...or part it out...im not sure

Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Sounds kinda high but sometimes happiness is worth a little more than money. Good luck with that, hopefully it turns out to be a nice car.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion

i love racing pastors... my youth pastor races his old BMW 3-series on the street... man another R/T though... man...there was an R/T around here in Ohio that was for sale for like $950...had a ton of aftermarket stuff and still ran but according to the guy it ran rough but man... its like AHHHH

Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i dont think that it sounds high....

but anyways, i called the guy a minuite ago and i am goin to go and look at it this afternoon after work.
the precher misinfomed me....ends up its got 134,000miles, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, sony radio(didnt specify cd or cassette), infinity speakers...
and it needs, a new muffler, front tires, and the sunroof needs to be put back on track....
doesnt burn oil, doesnt leak anything, and runs real strong
lowest he will go is $1,000

i think i might be comming home with it tonight
only problem is that im gonna have to find a place to put it because my dakota is sitting in my moms driveway and i have a cadillac sitting in my garage that i have to put a new rear main seal in[&:]

Old 10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

ship it to ca and give it to me

Old 10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Spud you don't need another neon ! I tell ya what, you seem like a nice guy, I'll let you sell me a car for cheap a neon though lol with mods and headwork and what not lol , I wish I could find good neon deals around here, some buy here pay here places want like $1500 to $3000 and for the condition some where in it was definately a rip off, one had a starter rigid up funny, and most of them aren't even DOHC's I think they tack on $1000 just for a neon having a sunroof around here.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ok, well i went to look at the car this afternoon......now its sitting in my moms fron yard
here is the low down on it...i am gonna be repeating sum of this stuff, but oh well....

1998 neon r/t...2-door....blue with the skunk stripes.....
134,000 miles, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, power sunroof, cruise(works), tilt, even factory keyless entry, a/c works good....interior looks like new, exterior looks like new except for a small dent on the drivers door...
it also came with a sony cdx-m800 blackout cd player, 3 way infinity reference 6.5's and 6x9's....and 14inch konig rims

now on to the bad stuff:
the sunroof doesnt open completely, i think its off the track on the one side
it is in desperate need of new front tires
needs struts
needs shifter bushings at the trans
it has a small exhaust leak where the manifold meats the cat. pipe
it heats up a little goin down the interstate, i think it needs a new thermostat

paid $1,000