1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

what is your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 AM
own a peice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is your opinion

about a month ago my neons water pump went. i took it to a shop and had it changed along with the timing belt. it ran for about 4 miles then died. i took it back and told them that they skrewed up and they had to figure out what was wrong. we picked it up and they couldnt figure it out. after ripping the whole thing apart i found that they timed the engine wrong when they did the timing belt. now the valves are bent and there are chips out of the piston heads from the valves hitting the heads. the shop should have to pay for the fix right because now the engine needs to be totaly rebuilt

Old 10-18-2006, 01:50 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: what is your opinion

perfect example of something I was talking about with a post from a guy who lived in canada. yeah they owe you, everything that resulted after the mistake they made was there fault, you mess the timing up your gona bend valves and so on, they should have to pay for that, and don't let them try to pull anything else otherwise and who ever worked on your car should have to pay the bill, do the work free, or needs fired !! if the shop was an ASE one you might wana try to get a hold of the board, if not you might wana get legal with it, if they refuse, tell them that what they have done can be followed up with legal action, no one likes to hear the phrase " you'll be hearing from my lawyer" or Im gona have to take legal action " especially when they know its there fault, sorry to hear that happend to you, hope all works out well and good luck !!

Old 10-18-2006, 01:54 AM
own a peice

ya that is bull and the legal thing was my first plan if they didnt pay and they wont be fixing it i am taking it somewere else and making them pay for it i may take it to the dodge dealer

Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Good idea, yeah let em know be like " look your gona have to pay for this" be cool about it though untill they start acting stupid. they might wana do the work themselves but you don't have to let them, would just have to get it fixed somewhere else and bring them the bill in person, that way they cant pull that we didn't get it bull or you might be able to have it arranged to where the place you took it pays for the job being done where ever else you make take it when the jobs done which would be a good Idea to do it at the dealship so the shop that messed everything up gets a nice taste of what it feels like to get screwed.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:04 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that kinda happened to us... my parents had a mechanic that i COMPLETELY didn't trust with our Neons but they kept going to him...until...he changed the timing belt...and did it wrong...but it didn't come to past till 3,000 miles later when my mom was on the highway going 70 and having the timing belt break... it bent 8 of the valves and of course my parents took it back to the guy...but instead of taking my advise which was have him pay... my parents paid him $1500 to replace the valve train [:@]

Old 10-18-2006, 02:16 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

fuuuuck that

my buddy with a zx5 was getting brand new brakes on his car

the oil was low and the mechanics didnt check
they took it on a test drive
and guess what happened?

THE ENGINE SEIZED!

they had to pay for a brand new engine
and he got it done at the ford delealership

hopefully you get as lucky as he did!

Old 10-18-2006, 04:33 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Speaking of seized engines, I just did that accidently in my roommate's car.. It had sat for about 2 months... and then I had to use it to get some parts for my car... and well I was goin about 70 and that was all she wrote... I dont know where the oil went in two months.. but yeah.. it was empty

Old 10-18-2006, 06:33 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

do you have to buy a new engine for them?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shop should pay for a DIFFERENT, COMPETENT shop to fix it.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:08 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

There should be some type of system to avoid this, like a car shop review board or something, like filling out a post job questionaire and giving incentives for filling it out and sending it back after a week of driving it or so , it could at least be done wth ASE mechanics, then making it accessable for the public so they could get an idea of what they might be dealing with, word of mouth works but one person may not have a prob with a shop that someone else has had, so it seems like no matter where you go someone will say " they do great work! or " those Fu***** messed my car up !!.

Quick Reply: what is your opinion