1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

UDP and Header question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006 | 10:01 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Default RE: UDP and Header question

i love my ebay pulley....especially for the price
i figure, who needs customer service on a solid 1 piece pulley.....
my ebay pulley uses the same puller as the stock pulley does.....the mpx one looks like it would need a steering wheel type bolt puller

and just fyi: when you take off the stock pulley and put the new one on there, make sure to put some anti-sieze on the crank end that the pulley slides on.....otherwise it might be difficult to take off again if you need to, the steel on the crank and the aluminum of the pulley can basically "weld" itself together and give you a real hard time

Old 11-01-2006 | 11:41 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: 95neonriceeater

yea i have to agree with the ebay part

i was just trying to find out how much harder it was to take the MPx UDP off since its not a 3 spoke
You can use a steering wheel puller to get it off...its easy!

Old 11-01-2006 | 03:40 PM
spudsterier
Legend

thats what i said

Old 11-01-2006 | 04:00 PM
95neonriceeater
|
Record Breaker

hahaha thanks you guys

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:52 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran

a UDP is a UDP, find out which one is lighter and go for that one, because thats where the difference comes in. The UDP feels better not only because of the less load from the components, but because its smaller, more than likely lighter, which equals to less rotating mass. It wont be as big of a difference, as say a lighter flywheel, but anything that rotates that can be lighter WILL lead to a faster accelerating engine. Its just physics

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:54 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran

Same thing goes with wheels, do you feel faster with 13's than you do with your 17's? Well yeah, lighter. Plus I think the diameter has something to do with it, and how far out the centrifugal force can go. Its like some exponential value. That a 13" wheel the same weight as the 17 will be better than using the 17.... though the light 13's would be best choice.

I dunno if that info helps you any, it was probably pointless because those pulleys are fairly light to begin with anyways

Quick Reply: UDP and Header question