1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Is It true???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:49 AM
IzDatAneon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is It true???

Is it true that there is no such thing as a real cold air intake unless you have a MTX??? I'm desperately wanting to install a real cold air intake on my 95 ATX but I keep coming up with these intakes that basically just suck hot air off of the manifold..I know AEM has one but like I said they only make one for the MTX...Does anybody know of a place I can get a true COLD air intake for my ATX??...PLEASE HELP

Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Default RE: Is It true???

what would the transmision have anything to do with the intake placement??!!! ofcourse their are true CAI's... whether you make one or buy one.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only the old AEM ones are true... but they should work...might have to do some trim but they would work... might(probably) have to make your own though...its easy to do.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 AM
winsettz
Veteran

CAI just removes the "runaround" when it comes to air -> throttle body. Instead of going through a snorkel over the engine through the filter and back to the throttle body in a U-trip from the front of the hood compartment to the back and then basically back to the front, it's just from a spot fairly low in the neon "up" into the throttle body...ATX/MTX shouldn't change anything.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:53 AM
IzDatAneon
Rookie

because the tranny is in the way

Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 AM
IzDatAneon
Rookie

How do I make one??? Or who could I get to custom make one for me??? Any suggestions???

Old 11-06-2006, 04:17 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Don't worry about the tranny it won't get in the way of a homemade intake. the filters on homemade intakes are primarily located under the battery tray or somewhere in the vacinity of. You can do this by shaving down the battery tray to make room for the pipping you choose, or simply relocate your battery to the trunk. option one is the preffered method because it's free. and some even have theres routed to where the filter is somewhere behind the front bumper. and don't worry about hydrolock, as long as the filter isn't submerged in water it will be fine. if your still worried you could just buy a rain bag for it. most people use 3.0 tubing from cars from the yards ( the ones that flex so you can bend it an a 90 degree angle ) it's really easy to do

Old 11-06-2006, 09:33 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i would just make one......unless you can find an iceman that you can trim down a little....
when i made mine i cut the battery tray whiles it was all still in the car and hooked up....and you can basically put the filter just under that if you want to, then its still at an easy spot if you wanna remove it to give it a cleaning.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/18E156EEC9C943379BF7F434D90776CD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Is It true???