1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ATTN: people who bought body kits for their neons

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Megalomaniacal
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: people who bought body kits for their neons

i was just thinking about a body kit for my neon. i was looking at some that were around $600 for full kits.

but i have no idea how much it would cost to get the parts painted. i would assume it would cost ALOT.

and what about installation? is it possible to do it yourself and make it look great?

Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ATTN: people who bought body kits for their neons

i havent bought one, but most body front and rear bumpers mount just like stock, and the side skirts use double sided tape.......so installation your self should be no problem....

painting should only be a couple hundred bucks....

when i put the body kit on my old r/t it took alot of time and work fabricating it....but then again it was off of a 2003 cavalier
and i went to a body shop paint supply store...gave them the color code of my car...and they got my color in a rattle can (which cost about 23.00) but it only took 3 cans to do the whole kit and it matched the color perfeclty

Old 11-14-2006, 02:44 AM
oooodriver

ive concidered buying body kits in the past. every one ive talked to on line says. for paint and install plan spending at least as much as the kit. but if you looking for 600 for front rear and sides. i would say at least 1000. unless u do some work your self.

but keep in mind ive been out of the car aftermarket seen for about 5 years. and i was into probe gt's at the time. not really familliar with neons yet.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

Putting the body kit on is no problem...just as long as it fits with no humungous gaps.. i always do my own body work to my car....saves alot of money that way. But like Spud said, you can use double sided tape for the side skirts, and use some screws with washers and nuts for the front and rear...rivets are also a good idea to get it on good. Go here http://www.importtrenz.com. Thats where i got my front bumper from. their full 4pc kits cost like $399 if im not mistaking. Check em out though.... their shipping is also very fast. ordered my bumper on Nov 7th, and it got here on Nov 11th.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 AM
spudsterier
Legend

it will cost me about $200 to get a body kit painted.....but i used to work at the shop and the owner lives across the street

the wife has been wanting to get me a body kit for x-mas...but i told her not to worry about it becasue i drive down too many gravel roads for work, so i dont think the kit or the paint will last too long

Old 11-14-2006, 02:59 PM
das2123
Legend

^^^Lift it!

The only body kit I like is the Xenon, but even then, I still wouldn't put it on my car. I think a slightly lowered 1st gen with a air dam looks nice and aggressive.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:32 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i still want the battle Z

maybe a project down the road can be lifting the car.....maybe if i ever roll the durango

Old 11-14-2006, 05:20 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran

I never liked body kits, on any car really. My buddy imported a GTR and he crashed it 2 months later. It had different front bumper/lip and it just looks sooo much better with stock bumper + stock mugen lip.

I admit neons arent the greatest to look at to begin with, but its a car. And maybe its not true for your area, but anytime someone has a body kit, they are instantly labelled as a ricer, even if its a stylish kit. I wouldnt want that title

Old 11-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Megalomaniacal
Rookie

thanks for the info guys

youre all very helpful to me. im still a car noob and learning about everything

i think ill try and install the body kit myself and go get it painted. ill update once i get it done. but it wont be for a while because im broke right now. maybe early next spring.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:16 PM
das2123
Legend

Make it GO, before you make it SHOW.

Quick Reply: ATTN: people who bought body kits for their neons