1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Audio

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Russty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio

i have a 96' dodge neon 4 dr. when i bought it the person told me the deck they installed didnt work (honesty) it has a pioneer deck in it with all the factory speakers. the deck is old and doesnt have Mp3 . i found the reason it doesnt work is beacause the drivers side speaker magnet had rusted loose and grounded out when i closed the door. Anyway i want to know what you guys would recomend if all i want is a working new deck ($100-$150) and just good working speakers (no subs). i was looking at just some cheap pioneer speakers i saw would those be what you might recomend ? and are the decks at Wal Mart realy the ones that were broken then fixed?

Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: Audio

how long are you REALLY going to have the car? if it's just 3-5 years and all you arer looking for is tunes: go cheap, you can alway get an extended war-N-T. good luck.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 PM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

check this out right here, this might be a good deal for ya at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5230828

Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get it since it comes with the hat

i usually dont use any head units except pioneer...but now i have a sony too and like it...
walmart units are fine.....i bought a pioneer off of my brother that had the rca's burnt out....so i bought a similar pioneer unit from walmart...swapped out all the internals and returned the junk one back to the store mine has been working great for a year now

Old 11-15-2006, 12:21 AM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

i bought a pioneer off of my brother that had the rca's burnt out....so i bought a similar pioneer unit from walmart...swapped out all the internals and returned the junk one back to the store mine has been working great for a year now

lol

Old 11-15-2006, 04:28 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran

If you want budget but decent sound go with sony stuff, they are good aslong as a) you dont feed them too much power and b) dont turn it up too loud. For regular listenered, a sony system is perfect for budget. Walmart carries all their stuff too

Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 PM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

my friend's sony system blew up! hahah

we always listened to his iPod on it and then one day it just stopped reading CDs
it was kinda stupid..hahah

i would recommend pioneer stuff
since its cheaper than alpine

and you can always take hte stereo out of your car before you sell it!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran

If you wanna stick with a headunit and 4 speakers and may occasionally like it to sound good and loud, I would actually recommend a mid-level SONY head unit, about the same price as the entry level other brands, but it has more functions. Its a toss up between a more functional SONY and a better unit, though ive seen sony head units last a while, its their speakers im worried about.... and they xplod amps >_<

Depends on what you want to spend on speakers too. Anything is better than stock in most cases (though I actually lost bass when I swapped speakers with the stock tape deck, those stock front speakers in the door are alright) its either 100$ for 2x stock quality with sony. or 140$ for 4x stock quality with something good.

Quick Reply: Audio