1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Back again....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back again....

Remember those questions i still had? well im at the bridge now. [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Okay, what the heck is this, and do i need it?? It either broke before i got the car, or when i removed the battery tray, either way its busted.

This little guy sits underneath the battery tray, and was plugged into a wire harness that goes god knows where. I dont see a function for this, it was incased in a plastic sleeve with an a 11/16 nut. I tried to stick it back in, no go, so whats up with this little gem?

The battery tray i have, also had one of the mounting tabs broken off in the back(came that way), so now the tray leans, plus the battery i have is too tall. Is there anyway to modify the tray to use a different size battery? Or is there a universal battery tray/mount that i can throw on the frame rail, like an old school steel tray?

I dont want to spend any (!more!) money on this car. I've checked every yard around me for parts and they want my soul/first born as a down payment.

Thanks

~Jeff

Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran
Default RE: Back again....

probably the battery temp sensor

Old 11-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

you dont really need it installed by the battery, just let it dangle plugged in and strapped somewhere, not a big deal, car will still run fine, but if it is unplugged, then it might throw a code. just plug it back in and zip tie it somewhere. no biggie.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine just hangs there

Old 11-30-2006, 11:43 PM
SwiftyZenBadd

Good excellent! Does it matter that the rest of the sensor is broken, or should i just plug it in, then tape it back together?

Any thoughts on how to fit that bigger battery in there?

I dont have 50$ to buy a new battery, in fact i dont have enuf cash to get the damn car titled, im gonna hafta pull the plates off the porsche and transfer them to the neon.[:@]

I did however get the door to line up, and my brother fabbed up some speaker adapters so i can run my eclipse 5-1/4's in the doors, thats the progress for now, and im only going on 4 hours of sleep, after being awake 20 some hours straight.

Im not sure if i should use my alpine 6x9's or my huge a$$ eclipse 6x9's. If i use the alpines, ill just run them off the deck, if i use the eclipse' I have to run them off an amp.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a tractor battery and throw it in there....smaller, lighter and cheaper.

Quick Reply: Back again....