1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Pass Side Motor Mount Bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:25 PM
jonx4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pass Side Motor Mount Bolts?

Alright, this is going to sound odd, but I need to know what size bolts are used to mount the motor mount to the block and the motor mount to the body.

We just purchased a 97 Neon that has beensitting in a field for a year or so. We know very little about it except that the motor mount and timing cover are both removed and it sounds like the pistons and the valves very well might be colliding. We can hear something in the motor as we turn it over with the starter. Sounds almost like a rod knock except its only turning maybe a few hundred rpm by starter.

The timing belt is on, but I really dont know if it feels as tight as it should be.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:46 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pass Side Motor Mount Bolts?

Well first thing I would do is get that timing belt, idler pulley and water pump replaced and make sure your timing is on. Might as well check your headgasket while your at it, make sure is MLS (Multi Layer Steel). If not, might as well change it while that timing belt is off! No sense in replacing the belt then find out you have a leaky head gasket. This way you can also check your valves, especially if you think they are hitting the piston. Make sure everythign is OK. As for the passenger side mount bolt. Are you talking about the big one that holds the motor up, or the several little ones that hold the mount brakets in place?

Quick Reply: Pass Side Motor Mount Bolts?