1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

oil pressure sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Jellysrus
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure sending unit

well ineed to know excalty were it is and what size it is because i am putting in an oil pressure guage and need to know also where is the line for the stock water temp gauge need to splice into it

Old 12-27-2006, 04:01 PM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oil pressure sending unit

I do beleive its on the back side of your motor near the bottom

Old 12-27-2006, 07:41 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil pressure sending unit

you oil sending unit is on the rear of the block by the tranny and below the exhaust.....it has 1 wire goin to it and depending on your year, it will have a green plug.....

as for the water temp gauge, there isnt a line....just a sensor with wires.....should be right by the radiator cap by your intake manifold.....

i dont remember what size you need for the oil sender, but channel locks can remove it, or a big deep well socket.....and i belive the threads are 3/4 inch.....but wether its NPT thread, or pipe thread, i cant remember which works......you just wont be able to use the fitting that comes with the gauge....

take out the sensor and go to a hardware store.....and also bring with the new sender...just tell them you need an adapter....
in order to get my oil pressure gauge to work i needed to make a big T fitting so that i also had the feed line for the turbo..
make sure to use yellow thread tape on all the threads too

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/FCA8217BE97F40FDB167B4A35AB07385.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: oil pressure sending unit