1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

My neon wont start

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My neon wont start

Ok guys I went to the scap yard today and got a new pcm. It did nothing . I am very pissed off . I also tried stripping some insulation off of the coil leads and jumping it to the coil but it did nothing. Everything else is working like it should with the new pcm but I am still not getting any spark.Would that mirofarad capacitor do this to me? And also I was wondering if mabey the ignition switch is bad and telling the pcm to kill the spark. Is this a possibility? Yes I am getting desperate but I can only get about $800 without the car running but I can get 2000 out of it wile it is running. Not to mention I have just over 300 dollars in parts for it PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 AM
DNeon
Professional

wat electrical work have you had done to the car recently? did you check the continuity an erything? fuses? I no this is basic but I like to start small instead of goin strait for any major issues jus in case it is sumn small I dun have to freak out from gettin notn outta major diagnostics

Old 01-16-2007, 01:46 AM
neonnuttt

Hello I have a 95 Neon that would just stop for no reason I chased it down to a loose wire on the alternator (main power red wire). I would alsolook and see if you are getting power to the PCM I thing it is the dark green wire right below the green-orange wire. That wire comes right off the alternator you will see the pluge right above the main power(lookingup from under the car)maybe it could be loose or come off. The PCM is powered though the alternator I think.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 AM
neisg1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: neonnuttt

Hello I have a 95 Neon that would just stop for no reason I chased it down to a loose wire on the alternator (main power red wire). I would alsolook and see if you are getting power to the PCM I thing it is the dark green wire right below the green-orange wire. That wire comes right off the alternator you will see the pluge right above the main power(lookingup from under the car)maybe it could be loose or come off. The PCM is powered though the alternator I think.
Not to be picky but!
According to the schematics the main power lead from the alternator is Black/Gray. The Green/orange wire (same lead that supplies the coil and injectors) supplies 12v battery to the alternator fields and the Green wire is from the voltage regulator that is part of the pcm.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Hey guys. I am posting another question on here with the same details. I think this thread is dying a little...

Old 01-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

opps sorry I meant NEW details on that last post...

Quick Reply: My neon wont start